We are getting ready for all the Halloween fun here at Allwood Play and Learn and thought it would be super fun to share with you an easy craft to help you get into the spirit too!
Fun and Spooky Jack-o-lantern Mono Prints
What you will need:
- White paper - construction or card stock works best
- Orange paint
- Black paint
- A cookie tray (flipped upside down)
- Paint brushes
- Markers (optional)
1. Take your orange paint and paint a pumpkin shape directly onto your cookie sheet
2. Lay your white paper on top of the cookie sheet and gently rub
3. Peel back your paper to reveal a print of the awesome pumpkin you painted
4. Use your black paint to paint some features onto your cookie sheet
5. Lay your paper back on top and gently rub it again
6. Peel back your paper to reveal your finished jack-o-lantern!
7. You can add some extra details, like a stem or your artist's name, with your markers
8. Find the perfect spot to display your wonderful work!
Our school year has officially begun and we are so excited to see all our friends learning and playing together! Being in school also means many new routines for children (and parents) to adjust to new ways of doing things. At Allwood Play and Learn we are always looking to help make big transitions as easy as possible.
Clifton, NJ 07012Email: Ashley@allwoodplayandlearn.com
Subscribe to Macaroni Kid Clifton-Montclair's FREE weekly e-newsletter HERE to receive useful local resources sent right to your inbox!
Macaroni Kid Clifton-Montclair services Bloomfield, Caldwell, Cedar Grove, Clifton, Glen Ridge, Little Falls, Montclair, Nutley, Paterson, Passaic, and Verona.
Interested in advertising or do you know about an amazing family-friendly resource? Email us at JessicaKline@macaronikid.com.