As an avid skier, I find it my duty to remind you to purchase your discounted Triple Day ski passes before they sell out. Reminder to make sure to look at the fine print and blackout dates. We just purchased our adult passes for Shawnee Mountain and Mountain Creek. I cannot speak to Snow Tubing, we haven't done it yet!
Although it feels early, we want to share some local ski resort offerings:
- Free lift tickets with children under a specific age (although rentals aren't typically free)
- Free children's lift tickets with adult lift ticket purchase
- Free beginner lessons (only the very first one is free) for ages 5+ at Mt. Peter
- Free 4th-grade lift ticket options are limited to mid-week days at Shawnee Mountain
- 3rd/4th graders can ski free in NYS but note that limitations apply
We are putting together a summary of research on skiing, snowboarding, and tubing with littles within a 3-hour drive of Essex County, NJ. Make sure you are subscribed to our free newsletter to receive our SKI GUIDE once it is available.